No wonder Jesus loved them too. I love the story about Jesus and some children that is recorded in the Gospel of Mark (10:13-16) ...
"One day some parents brought their children to Jesus so he could touch them and bless them, but the disciples told them not to bother him. But when Jesus saw what was happening, he was very displeased with his disciples. He said to them, 'Let the children come to me. Don't stop them! For the Kingdom of God belongs to such as these. I assure you, anyone who doesn't have their kind of faith will never get into the Kingdom of God.' Then he took the children into his arms and placed his hands on their heads and blessed them." [NLT]
Here are some of my favorite kids' letters to the pastor.
- “Dear Pastor, I'm sorry I can't put more money in the offering, but my father didn't give me a raise in my pocket money. Could you have a sermon about a raise in my pocket money?” Patty (10)
- “Dear Pastor, How does God know the good people from the bad people? Do you tell him or does he read about it in the
newspapers?” Marie (9)
- “Pastor, I know God loves everybody but he never met my sister.” Arnold (8)
- “Dear Pastor, I would like to go to heaven someday because I know my brother won't be there.” Stephen (8)
- “Dear Pastor, I liked your sermon on Sunday. Especially when it was finished.” Ralph (11)