Proverbs 4:25-27 says (Message Bible translation):
- Keep your eyes straight ahead; ignore all sideshow distractions.
- Watch your step, and the road will stretch out smooth before you.
- Look neither right nor left; leave evil in the dust.
Here is some good and helpful advice for life:
1. Look straight ahead. We need to have a clear vision and direction for our lives. Know where you are going. This requires time aside in prayer and reflection about God's will for our life and the options we have available to us. There are many things we could do or places we could go, but what will we decide to do with the one life we have? What does God have in store for us?
2. Ignore distractions. We then need to focus on our intended direction. Avoid swerving to the left or right. Many things will seek to distract us and pull us to the side.
3. Take one step at a time. In addition to a vision, we need a plan for getting from where we are now to where we want to be. Craft this, then work on your next action step.
How does this apply to your life today?