Okay, confession time ... I have had a few clangers - or bloopers, as most people call them - in my life as a public speaker. These are embarrassing moments when you get your words mixed up or say something that has a different meaning than you intended.
Here are my Top 3 Bloopers - for your enjoyment:
- "The church is a living orgasm ..." [instead of "... a living organism ..."]
- "There were lots of people following Jebus, I mean Jesus ..." [no comment necessary]
- "A man came and did some staff training for us a few years back. He had three balls. He took them out and started juggling them ..." [no additional comment necessary]
Yes, these were very embarrassing moments!
Here are a few other bloopers that I have heard, made by other people (whose name I will protect):
- "... the diery farts of the wicked one ..." [instead of "... the fiery darts of the wicked one ..."]
- "... I was so tired and puffed out that I was grasping for breasts ..." [instead of ... "gasping for breath"]
- "... Lot was pinching his tits ..." [Instead of "... pitching his tents." Click here to view the evidence]
How about you?
Have you heard any others?
I'd love to hear your comments ... :)
P.S. For some church bulletin bloopers, click here.
P.S.S. For some 'prophetic bloopers', click here.