Here are a some more interesting facts about the human body ...
42. There is more bacteria in your mouth than the human population of the United States and Canada combined.
43. Every square inch of the human body has an average of 32 million bacteria on it.
44. A fetus acquires fingerprints at the age of three months
45. You sit on the biggest muscle in your body, the gluteus maximus a.k.a. the butt. Each of the two cheeky muscles tips the scales at about two pounds (not including the overlying fat layer).
46. The tiniest muscle, the stapedius of the middle ear, is just one-fifth of an inch long.
47. The average human head weighs about 10 pounds.
48. The average human brain weighs three pounds.
49. The DNA helix measures 80 billionths of an inch wide.
50. Your eyeballs are three and a half percent salt.
51. Head lice actually prefer to live on clean heads, not on dirty ones.
52. If Barbie were life-size, her measurements would be 39-23-33. She would stand seven feet, two inches tall and have a neck twice the length of a normal human's neck.
53. It takes about 20 seconds for a red blood cell to circle the whole body.
54. An average human drinks about 16,000 gallons of water in a lifetime.
55. Beards are the fastest growing hairs on the human body. If the average man never trimmed his beard, it would grow to nearly 30 feet long in his lifetime.
56. Humans shed about 600,000 particles of skin every hour - about 1.5 pounds a year. By 70 years of age, an average person will have lost 105 pounds of skin.
57. It only takes 7 lbs of pressure to rip your ear off.
58. When you sneeze, all your bodily functions stop - even your heart.
59. Human teeth are almost as hard as rocks.
60. You burn more calories sleeping than you do watching T.V.
61. Our eyes never grow, and our nose and ears never stop growing.
62. The thumbnail grows the slowest; the middle nail grows the fastest.
63. Children grow faster in the Spring time.
64. Women blink nearly twice as much as men.
65. You can only smell 1/20th as well as a dog.
66. People are the only creatures in the world who cry tears.
67. Every month you grow a brand new outer layer of skin ... "a new you!"
68. In your very own lifetime, you'll produce enough spit to fill two swimming pools.
69. You breathe in about 7 quarts of air every minute.
70. Your dad sweats enough each day to fill up a 6 pack of soda cans ... and then some.
71. Every time you lick a stamp, you're consuming 1/10 of a calorie.
72. If you yelled for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days, you would have produced enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee.
73. If you toot consistently for 6 years and 9 months, enough gas is produced to create the energy of an atomic bomb.
74. The human heart creates enough pressure when it pumps blood, that it could squirt blood 30 feet.
75. Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an hour.
76. On average people fear spiders more than they do death.
77. Americans on the average eat 18 acres of pizza every day.
78. Did you know that you are more likely to be killed by a champagne cork than by a poisonous spider?
79. Right-handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left-handed people do.
80. If you blink one eye you move over 200 muscles.
82. In 24 hours, the blood in the body travels a total of 12,000 miles - that's four times the width of North America.
A few closing thoughts from David in Psalm 139 ...
"How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered! I can't even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand! And when I wake up, you are still with me! . . . Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life." [Psalm 139:17-18, 23-24. NLT]