This coming Sunday is Father's Day here in Australia, a time to honour all of the dads.
Here are a few interesting quotes about dads:
- "So give your father and mother joy! May she who gave you birth be happy." [Proverbs 23:25. NLT]
- "Look, I am sending you the prophet Elijah before the great and dreadful day of the Lord arrives. His preaching will turn the hearts of fathers to their children, and the hearts of children to their fathers. Otherwise I will come and strike the land with a curse." [Malachi 4:5-6]
- "A good father is one of the most unsung, un-praised, unnoticed, and yet one of the most valuable assets in our society." [Billy Graham]
- "Any man can be a Father but it takes someone special to be a dad." [Anne Geddes]
- "Fathers, like mothers, are not born. Men grow into fathers - and fathering is a very important stage in their development." [David M. Gottesman]
- "By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he's wrong." [Charles Wadworth]
- "Don't make a baby if you can't be a father." [National Urban League Slogan]
- "When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years." [Mark Twain]
Happy Father's day to all of the dads!