Today we come to our final and most important question .. “What shall I do, then, with Jesus who is called Christ?” This is what Pilate asked the crowd (in Matt.27:22). They replied, “Crucify him!” and the rest is history.
What will YOU do with Jesus? This is an important decision as it has has eternal implications. When Jesus Christ returns, he will do with you what we have done with him. Reject him and he will reject you. Accept him and he will accept you. The choice is yours!
The real Jesus is God in human form. He came from heaven to earth become man, to show us how to live. He died on a cross in our place to make way for us to be forgiven and to become children of God, He rose up again from the dead, validating his claim to be God and then he returned to heaven. He sent His Spirit to help us live for him in world. He will return again to receive his own to himself. Those who reject him will be banished to everlasting punishment. That’s not Jesus’ desire – he doesn't want anyone to perish. But the choice is ours.
What will YOU do with the real Jesus?
P.S. For further reading about the real Jesus and to fin some answers to some of the questions we've raised and that are being asked today, I'd recommend the following books:
- The Case for the Real Jesus: A Journal Investigates Current Attacks on the Identity of Christ by Lee Strobel
- What Have They Done with Jesus: Beyond Strange Theories and Bad History by Ben Witherington III
- Dethroning Jesus: Exposing Popular Culture's Quest to Unseat the Biblical Christ by Darrell L. Bock and Daniel B. Wallace
- Jesus and the Victory of God by N.T. Wright
- The Resurrection of the Son of God by N.T. Wright
- The Case for Christ: A Journalist's Personal Investigation for the Evidence of Jesus by Lee Strobel