It is so easy to take things in life for granted - to become familiar with them.
When things are new and fresh they often have a lot of excitement linked to them.
Here are a few examples ...
- We start out at a new job … how cool.
- We fall in love with someone … how romantic.
- We have our first child … how exciting.
- We move into a new home … how fun.
- We make a new friend … how wonderful.
But if we’re not careful before long … the precious becomes common and romance becomes routine. The novelty wears off and we’ve been trapped … by familiarity.
If you want to break familiarity, then remember the ‘specialness’ of those things and people in your life. Reflect back to what it used to be and start to relive those thoughts and feelings. Keep your emotions free from negativity. Keep a grateful attitude. Don’t take things or people for granted. See them for how valuable and precious they really are.
Familiarity … Think about it.