The last two days, we've had a look at a prophetic forecast for 2008 and some microtrends. While we're speaking of trends, here are a number of resources that you might find helpful when thinking about and contemplating the future ...
- The Barna Group, an organisation led by George Barna, dedicated to pulsing the culture from a Christian perspective and to spotting emerging trends affecting the Christian church.
- Christianfutures.com, a web site dedicated to helping communities of faith develop foresight.
- Christian futurist, Tom Sine's, web site.
- Future.com, a web site dedicated to discussing issues related to the future.
- Post-Modern Pilgrims by Leonard Sweet. [This book summary is from www.christianbooksummaries.com an excellent web site with free summaries of influential Christian books] Sweet's latest book is The Church of the Perfect Storm.
- Ten Major Trends by Howard Snyder. [Thanks to Steve Addison for a copy of this article]
- What's Next: Top Trends, an interesting blog about trends.
As followers of Christ, we are the ultimate people of the future, yet living anchored to the firm foundations of our historic faith, and living with full engagement in our present time. We worship and serve the God "... who is, who was, and is to come."