Here are 7 tips for getting the most out of this blog:
- Bookmark this page in your internet browser and return to it regularly to check for new posts (a 'post' is a blog entry). I try to add a new post every few days.
- Read the latest posts. They are in the left column of the blog. You can scroll down to read all the latest posts OR click on any post title under 'Recent Posts' in the right column (just below the Categories section).
- Click on any Category of interest (in the upper right hand column) to view posts grouped by topic.
- Click on any link within a post to find additional information, resources, or related web sites. Any underlined word is a link to additional material.
- Click on 'Comments' under any post to read other people's comments about that particular post or to make a comment yourself about the post or about someone's else's comments. I try to read every comment. It isn't practical for me to respond to every comment, but I do try to answer any questions and make occasional comments on any developing conversation. [Be sure to check out the commenting guidelines for this blog]
- Feel free to tell others about the blog and encourage them to join in the conversation too.
- If you are really keen, you can subscribe to this blog, which enables you to receive notifications each time a new post is added. You will need to do this through a blog reader such as Google Reader, Bloglines or Newsgator. You will need to copy the URL of this blog into whichever blog reader you choose. Click on 'subscribe' in the right hand column of this blog (just under the Category section) to save the URL, then copy it into the blog reader. Of course, it is simple to unsubscribe at any time.
- To search for a particular topic within the blog, type your topic or word of interest in the Search Box in the upper right hand corner of the blog and hit 'Enter'. A window will open up with a list of the most relevant hits.