Luke 5:16. As often as possible Jesus withdrew to out-of-the-way places for prayer. The Message Bible
This is an amazing description of how Jesus lived and did ministry.
- He loved solitude - by the sea or in the country, on a boat or in a garden.
- This required withdrawal from people, busyness and activity.
- It was his home base - the place he continually returned to.
- He spent as much time there as possible.
- Out from here, he left to do ministry and serve the people God had sent him to.
- His life was full of conversation with God - Father and Spirit; a dance of divinity.
- Maybe this was the key to not only his survival from the pressures of life and ministry and also his triumph over the pressure of life and the temptations from the devil.
What's your home base?
[Picture: The Sea of Galilee: View from Magdala]