Some thoughts worth reflecting on:
- Could the best way to organise your stuff be to get rid of the heap of it?
- How might your life be better if you had less?
- What would it look like to get rid of your excess and enjoy the remainder more?
- Our physical world represents our internal state. Dealing with the external can affects the internal. Do you suffer from mental clutter?
- Is it time for you to create a 'not to do' list rather than continuing to add more and more tasks that you will never get around to doing anyway?
Jesus once said: “Beware! Guard against every kind of greed. Life is not measured by how much you own" (Luke 12:15. NLT)
Do you feel like you need to simplify? Here is some reading you might find stimulating and challenging from a range of authors and thinkers:
- Simplify: Ten Practices to Unclutter Your Soul by Bill Hybels.
- Soul Keeping: Caring for the Most Important Part of You by John Ortberg.
- Simplify Your Life: 100 Ways to Slow Down and Enjoy the Things That Really Matter by Elaine St James.
- The Joy of Less, a Minimalist Living Guide; How to Declutter, Organise and Simplify Your Life by Francine Jay.
- Essentialism: the Disciplined Pursuit of Less by Greg McKeown.
- The Minimalists BLOG.
Some final words from Jesus:
John 14:27. “I am leaving you with a gift— peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid." NLT
May you know that peace in your life today.