I admire the many Christian mission workers around the world. Many of them work in some of the poorest, least evangelised and most persecuted countries in the world.
Personally, I believe everyone should have a passport. We encourage everyone in our church to go on a short-term team to another nation sometime in their life time. It opens your eyes, enriches your faith, and makes you grateful for all we have been blessed with. Ever heard of 'first world problems'??
Here are a few quotes about travel that I love:
- “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” St. Augustine
- “To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.” Aldous Huxley
- “Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all peoples cry, laugh, eat, worry, and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends.” Maya Angelou
- “Please be a traveler, not a tourist. Try new things, meet new people, and look beyond what’s right in front of you. Those are the keys to understanding this amazing world we live in.” Andrew Zimmern
- "Go into all the world and preach the gospel." Jesus
- "You will be my witnesses ... even to the ends of the earth." Jesus
Once you start to pack your bags, here are 13 travel tips.